Sunday, September 7, 2008

Design Major: NYC Spring 09 Shipley & Halmos

-I think I've read about Shipley & Halmos in every style related magazine this past year. That being said, I was mildly excited to see what they'd offer for NYC Fashion Week, but as they are from the Trovata camp, the collection was very similar (the trench/short combos,) and similarly blasé. Check the (few) looks I liked after the jump.

-Not too innovative, but the fit of the trouser is a good deal slimmer than a lot of the other designers have been doing.

-This look is a bit indicative of something I felt about the entire show, that it was a bit feminine for my tastes. But something about the casual use of the cumberbund is really interesting.

-I usually don''t include photos of the designers, but I really like those jeans. That's all.
-All photos by Marcio Madeira

No comments: