Thursday, September 11, 2008

Design Major: NYC Spring 09 Band of Outsiders

-I've been a fan of Band of Outsiders for a few years now, and this show certainly met the expectations of an avid fan. The collection had a modernized 50s feel to it, with elements of The Beach Boys or a mid-90s high school ska band. What makes a label like Band of Outsiders important is their ability to appeal to the young man who wants to highlight his youth and his knowledge of classic style.
-Photos and analysis of our favorite looks from the collection after the jump.

-I've never been a fan of knit ties, but what can you do? Notice the Band for Sperry Top-Siders we posted about a while back.

-Casual DBs everywhere this year? A look I think we'll see a lot on the street if someone starts making affordable blazers.

-This look is where I thought ska band. I really like that checkerboard bow tie and the tux pant.

-Word. If you know me, you can probably tell why I like this. Except those hats. Fuck hats, get over it, it's not 1940.

-Who doesn't love madras?

-Word. Cardigans and shorts are a great way to ride the seasons.

-De Stilj, yeah? The yellow jacket with that shirt, I wonder if it was a direct Mondrian reference or just coincidence.

No comments: