Friday, September 5, 2008

Faculty: DJ Green Lantern

-I saw this video of an interview with Pete Rock and DJ Green Lantern and it reminded me of how great Green is. The Evil Genius is the greatest remix DJ of all time. I think I first heard him on the Fort Minor We Major mixtape he did, which sounds pretty weak but he was throwing out crazy classic rock samples. A hip-hop DJ doing beats with The Doors, Led Zeppelin, and Queens of the Stone Age is pretty ridiculous. Always sporting a pro-left agenda, Green recently teamed up with Russel Simmons to work on the Obama "Yes We Can" mixtape. Green's sampling influenced my style more than any other DJ. Green Lantern is also responsible for the infectious, Austin Powers sampled beat for Ludacris' "Get Back."
-I threw a couple Green vids in the favorites section of our YouTube page so check them out.
-Another thing this video reminded me to tell everyone is that in the next year we're going to be launching a number of other blogs under the Class Act Media hood, including a music nerd DJ technology/equipment/news blog, so if that's your thing, be on the lookout.

No comments: