Friday, September 12, 2008

Design Major: NYC Spring 09 Marc by Marc Jacobs

-As a diffusion line, Marc by Marc Jacobs has become a place where the designer can be a bit less refined in his explorations. This collection threw us handfuls of nonchalant layering, hinting a bit at the early 90s grunge explosion. But amidst the randomness is an incredible collection of exquisite individual pieces, unexpected fits, and intense colors. These are the kind of looks I wouldn't suggest making a habit, but there are days when, if you're naturally stylish, you can throw on a bunch of (seemingly) random shit and know you still look better than most people.
-As always, check photos and analysis of our favorite looks from the collection after the jump.

-Yeah maybe the lavender meets orange isn't a good idea, but its about the assembly. Playing with variable sleeve lengths is a great way to use layers in a new way.

-I think I could get this look with my members only jacket and my red jeans.


-I love this on head-to-toe intricate pattern, but the proportions give it it's "I don't give a fuck" attitude.

-I'm over the hats and sneakers of most of the spring shows, but I like the rolled shorts and how a blazer or a suit jacket can be just another unimportant layer.
-Photos by Marcio Madeira via men.style.com

No comments: