Sunday, September 7, 2008

Design Major: NYC Spring 09 Rag & Bone

-In a couple of my reviews from the European Spring 09 shows I heralded designers for employing a subtle rock 'n' roll aesthetic. Sadly Rag & Bone, whose prior rugged offerings I had been a fan of, missed the boat entirely with their attempt to capture the essence of rock. Check out a few select disappointing looks, with analysis, after the jump.

-I'll start with this photo, and the photo in the main post, because these were the only two looks I enjoyed from the collection. That being said, they don't show us anything new. I like the matching checkered shirt and pocket square though.

-And here's where things go awry. The zippered pants look more Hot Topic than the intended Brit Punk. Though in a gross belt and an ill-fitting sweater and well, there you go.

-Yeah dude.
-All photos by Marcio Madeira

No comments: