Sunday, January 25, 2009

Design Major: Junya Watanabe FW/09


-Now, on to the Paris shows. I've been a bit unique in my aversion to the fashion world's recent love affair with American workwear, and the even more odd obsession with Japanese takes on Americana. Why would I buy designer trousers made to look like worn-in Carhartts when I could buy Carhartts and wear them in? That being said, if I had to pick a Japanese designer with whom I'd entrust the task of capturing classic American style, it would be Junya Watanabe. I'm beginning to like the idea of a shooting-patch jacket, though I often criticize impractical fashion. The one thing is show here that I am liking a great deal (especially since seeing/buying this) is the idea of the hybrid blazer/suit jacket as outerwear.
-Photos by Marcio Madeira via men.style

No comments: