Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter Quarter: Boot Quest


-I've managed to live in one of the rainiest parts of the country for three years now without even owning a waterproof hooded jacket or waterproof shoes of any kind. But this winter the deluge of the century has descended upon us and I want some boots. I have Clarks, but they soak through. And I wear my Top-Siders like boots, I'm finally tired of having wet feet at school. I am on a quest to find perfect boots. I'm interested in a boot that rides the line between workwear and fashion. Above are some that I like, but most are in the $300-400 range and I don't think I can justify spending more than $200. 

-Above: 
-Blackbird Boot, handmade, local, expensive.
-Hunter Wellingtons from J.Crew, simple rubber, classic. 
-Band of Outsiders for Sperry, two of my all-time favorite brands.
-Red Wing from J.Crew.
-More fashion-y but still worn-looking boots from MARSéll.
-Sperry Top-Sider Chukkas, I'll probably actually get these, $120.

-I also like these, though I think they've sold out. I'm also looking at Quoddy, for a hella Native American feel. Click image to see it in greater detail. 

No comments: