Sunday, January 11, 2009

Phys. Ed: Dream Jersey Purchase

-Sebastian Telfair is my second favorite basketball player of all time; Largely because of his intriguing story, as recounted in Ian O'Connor's superb book The Jump, and his street-bred style of play.

-About a year ago I had the thought that it would be badass to get a Telfair Lincoln High School jersey. I looked on eBay and to my dismay there were none. But as Daniel was looking at a Rondo Oak Hill Jersey on eBay yesterday, I decided to try again, and there were now three available Telfair Railsplitters jersey. They are obviously recreations because they say Telfair on the back, which the original high school jerseys did not, but other than that they exactly the same as the one he wore and actually helped to design. Needless to say, I bought one. The home colors though (opposite of the colors show in the magazine cover. )

No comments: