Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Faculty: Scott Sternberg

-I've mentioned a number of times that Band of Outsiders is one of my favorite labels. With this little bit of insight into the man behind the line, I'm beginning to see why brand's clothes are so spot-on. Sternberg took part in Details' regular feature "Rules of Style," and had some humorous advice to offer, most of which I found myself agreeing with.

-From the feature, "Talking about what brand you're wearing is gay in the bad way."
-I loved this line because I once tried to write a post dissecting how Details magazine itself was indeed, gay in a the bad way. I never posted the piece because I figured it would offend a lot of people who can't discern between the connotations of gay. Sternberg is apparently over that fear.
-More great advice, "Rabid atheism does not lead to attractive or acceptable cocktail-party conversation. You know who you are and you need to chill. We get it, okay? God is for dummies. Now shut your hole."

No comments: