Saturday, July 19, 2008

Visual Communication: Word(le) Up

-The other day Gawker had a blurb about this site, Wordle, which turns text you copy and paste into a box into something they call a 'word cloud', with words that appear most often in the text appearing more prominent in the cloud. Gawker used it to examine how repetitive their page was, but we found a better use for the site, measuring the cliche-ness of your favorite emo songs!

-See it's fun! This one (above) is Mayday Parade's "If you wanted a song written about you." More by us after the jump. Go to Wordle and do you your own and upload and put it in the comments section. (Note, you have to click 'save to gallery' before it will give you the code you can copy and paste into a comment. Do it! Now!



-This one's a classic, Dashboard Confessional "This Brilliant Dance." We made a music video for this song in video productions, fuck I wish I still had it. It was edited on linear! Before computer editing! Crazy.


-I wanted to a see a little bit of a darker song so this is A Skylit Drive's "My Disease."
-I really hope people do this, I want to see some fun shit.

-Kanye and T-Pain, the underrated "Good Life"

2 comments:

caitlin said...

i can't for the life of me figure out how to make my wordles into a save-able file format. what'd you guys do?

eye five style said...

Yeah the site has some flaws, I eventually just print screened the screen image of my wordles