Saturday, July 19, 2008

Intro to Cinema: Really Quickly...

-I saw The Dark Knight last night and was planning on doing a review today, but eh, I felt maybe I'd get barraged as the only person in the world who didn't think it was amazing? Maybe just because Batman Begins set the bar so high, not just for Batman, but for all superhero movies to come.
-My friend Corbin Smith, who's movie opinions I hold in the highest esteem, is wrote the kind of TDK review I'd expected from most people. But Paul Constant (who we interviewed once) wrote a review in The Stranger expressing all the things I'd like to express in a review, but (probably) with much more eloquence than I've got the energy to muster. So read his.
-Or if you're too lazy, here it is really quick: Yes, Heath was amazing, this performance makes his death all the more lamentable because it was a glimpse of the great things he could have accomplished in the future. Bale, though, gets lost. But there was a preview for the new Terminator movie that Bale's in, so yeah. Anyway. Echkhart wasn't as good as most people are saying, I like the comic's version of the Harvey Dent storyline better. Anyway. Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like a 60-year-old woman.

No comments: