Monday, June 30, 2008

Design Major: Paris Spring 09 Louis Vuitton

-I've been surprised by LV menswear in recent years. I, like most people, associate LV mainly with leather goods, but a few years of solid collections are moving the label beyond the iconic luggage. However, this photo of Kanye, taken by The Sartorialist Scott Schumann outside the Louis Vuitton show in Paris, might be the best thing to come out of the Spring 2009 offering. The collection didn't show me anything that hadn't been done before, but I still managed to select a few looks I could see myself referencing this upcoming spring.
-Also notice that Yeezy is rocking one of those ill Marc Jacobs Lego pins. Oh and on the same note, Hypebeast had a little Kanye x LV rumor today.
-As always, photos and analysis of our favorite looks from the show after the jump.


-Yeah see, nothing special right? But I like how it makes you think about working sporty pieces like a hoody into a more elegant look.

-Same thing here, the feeling I got was luxurious sport.

-I used to hate short-sleeved button-ups but they've been growing on me ever since I saw how fresh Ryan Gosling rocked them as a drug addled middle school teacher in Half Nelson.

-I mean, things like this are definitely good looking pieces, but for the price you would pay for this suit you could get something with much more character. I also really don't like that there is not any cuff showing beneath the sleeve of the jacket. At least 1/4 inch, kids.

All photos by Alessandro Lucioni via men.style.com

No comments: