Thursday, June 5, 2008

PowerPoint: Natalie Portman's Shaved Head


-Snapped a bit1 at Natalie Portman's Shaved Head show last night. The Seattle based dancerockelectroyellstuff crew packed the tiny stage with tons of raw energy last night. I hadn't heard the band but had heard a bit of buzz in last month. As a synthophile I was digging their sound at once. The surprising intricacy of the funky guitar riffs running over the one-two dance beats really grasped my admiration, even with songs about beards and side ponytails. The guitar actually reminded me a bit of Franz Ferdinand's first disc.

-Look out for their debut album Glistening Pleasure, which drops July 15th. And be sure to check them out on tour this summer with CSS.
-Remember you can click photos to enlarge.




-Claire England, my new dreamgirl. Yellow jeans and skillful synth love2. perfect.




-The photo does really capture the magnificent proportions created by this high-waisted skirt.

1-I've got a couple more photos that need to be touched up, they'll be up tomorrow.
2-Even though I'm a KORG elitist, and she was rocking the Roland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

? those are awful proportions. it makes her torso look too long and her shoulders too wide.