Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Design Major: Dansk Tegne (Danish Design)

For such a small country, Denmark is taking up quite a bit of space in Nylon for Guys. It is both surprising and refreshing to see the creative exports of my fellow Danes gaining some recognition.
First came the news of New Balance’s 100th anniversary, and the reprisal of their discontinued 670s. New Balance has apparently commissioned Danish design trio WoodWood to design the sneakers, of which only 96 pairs will be released. While I wouldn't consider myself a sneakerhead, the New Balance 574 has been a longtime favorite of mine and I may try to cop a pair.
NfG also featured a piece on Copenhagen’s V1 Gallery. The new mecca of Danish street art showcases giants like Banksy and Shepard Fairey beside up-and-coming Danish artists and even CA’s favorite neo-folker, Devendra Banhart. I missed V1 on my last visit to Copenhagen, but you summer Eurotrippers should be sure to check it out.

No comments: