Saturday, December 13, 2008

Faculty: Wiig Out


-Yesterday, aboard a locomotive, I watched the film Ghost Town. The film was a romantic comedy starring Ricky Gervais, Greg Kinnear, and Tea Leoni. It left me with no comment about it's merit, or lack thereof. The only notable emotion that came from watching the film was a reassertion in my mind that Kristin Wiig is incredibly funny and aesthetically pleasing. Everyone has been so big on Tina Fey lately, and Tina is bomb and Mean Girls was a brilliant film, but 30 Rock is probably the most overrated show on television and I only made it through 20 minutes of Baby Mama before I wanted to stab forks in my eyes.

-Above photo from timeoutnewyork.
-Wiig, who many of us first enjoyed as the E! executive in Knocked Up, is yet to disappoint. Let's hope she doesn't take the route of other once-funny cast members and rush out a really shitty movie (Hot Rod.)
-The video above is my favorite Wiig skit, below are two more which should make you laugh, including a funny parody of the not-funny-anymore show The Office.

No comments: