Monday, December 8, 2008

Dress Code: Tie a Bow Tie


-When I bought my first bow tie in 05' I remember repeatedly trying to decipher confusing instructions for tying a bow tie on eHow. Back then YouTube wasn't the go-to reference it has become now (video here from the good folks at David Hart & Co. and Jeremy Nelson Studio.) I finally figured it out after many bouts of trial and error, I got to rock my badass Brooks Brothers tartan bow that I got it Ray's Ragtime.
-But then I lost that bow tie on the beach in Santa Monica and everyday I long for it. So someone should buy me one of the two below ($45), again from Brooks Brothers, though neither is as legit as my first one.

1 comment:

LS176074 said...

After I saw a skull and cross bone tie at Rugby RL, I just had to have it. So I bought it, waited for it to come, opened the package and only when I saw it with my own eyes did I realize "Hey, I don't know how to tie this." But thank fully YouTube had a great video and after many tries, I am now a pro. Tying a bow tie is a lost art, and I have no problem showing off my skill.