Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dress Code: A Common Goal


-I mentioned that we'd like to stray from streetwear/sneaker coverage a bit, and the announcement of the Common Projects Fall/Winter collection is a good opportunity to talk about something I've had in mind for awhile.
-I've known for a couple years now that it's about time I purchased a pair of adult shoes (i.e. expensive, sans a logo.) And I've been debating about what kind/how much to spend. I first heard about common projects a few years ago in GQ. Common Projects is a brand I could justify spending the money on (they average around $300) rather than opting for some Gucci of LV loafers. They produce both understated sneakers and a variety of other, more formal styles, and every pair is marked with a serial number denoting it's very limited production. The design team really understands the young male's battle of navigating youth and maturity via aesthetics. More photos and comments after the jump.


-Desert boots were everywhere this year but I like the take of doing them in a waxed black as opposed to the usual khaki.




-I want these (above)

-These are some Kurt Caywood boots.

-I gots deez photos from h(y)r collective

No comments: