Sunday, March 28, 2010

School Supplies: Some Spring Rugby

-I'm seriously considering snagging this Rugby Newbury Chino jacket. Ryan had a chance to try it on recently and has assured me that the fit is on point (Rugby fit has been great to me on other items.) I was thinking about getting the J. Crew khaki Ludlow suit, but I don't think I'm ready to make a move on a full suit just yet. This jacket is a little more casual than the Ludlow, and I like the little Rugby details on the collar and cuff.

-I don't know why I've never checked to see if Rugby had a club-collar oxford, since I've been looking for one for awhile. I think it's pretty safe to say this version ($69.50,) and this madras bow ($29.50,) are the most affordable models of each to be found (especially if you can take advantage of the 15% student discount Rugby offers.) As always, Rugby is a mixed bag, but if you stick to the classics, the label can provide some good snags for those of us on a college budget.

3 comments:

Nicolas Lazaro said...

Great picks man. Been considering the jacket myself, but I just can't decide. I think I want a white one so I'm holding out til I find one. I think J.Crew should have a white dinner jacket coming out soon or during the summer (hopefully sooner than later).

Jackson 5 said...

i love the Newbury Chino jacket. Being in Boston, Newbury has a special significance to me since it's our main shopping street. never really noticed the jacket till now. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I completely agree when it comes to your assessment of Rugby's clothing. When I stick to their basics--like oxfords and chinos--I'm always satisfied, because the quality is good for the price. It's when you get into their more novelty pieces that your risk looking too much like a novel character.