Thursday, September 3, 2009

School Supplies: Raw Choice


-Through research and consultation, my decision on which raw jeans to buy for fall came down to two well-known choices: The A.P.C. Petite Standard, and the Naked and Famous Skinny Guy in natural indigo revival selvedge. Both are similarly priced, but I finally pulled the trigger on the Naked and Famous. The biggest bargaining chip for me was A.P.C.'s growing ubiquity and a desire to rock something slightly less well known. I'm wearing the Skinny Guys right now and the fit is great, the 12.5oz is not too stiff and I can't wait to see how they wear in. I got mine online from Revolveclothing, who shipped my order the same day that I placed it which was great, and I once again used retailmenot.com (if you're not aware of this site, look into it) and saved 20%.

4 comments:

dayinthelyf said...

I'm thinking about the skinny guys too im 6'2"+ 165 for ref. im anxious to try on a pair too...i kinda want them to fit like the website collection pics. Tell me what you think

Angelo said...

It's hard not being able to try a pair on first. I'm 5'11" + 165. I got my regular size and they were pretty tight at first but they've stretched out a little bit and now they feel great (but I generally wear my jeans pretty tight). So I guess it depends on how tight you like your pants regularly, you might want to opt for the slim guy, if I had unlimited cash I'd get a pair of slim guys too just to have the option for a bit of a looser cut.

dayinthelyf said...

Yeah I think i was going to go true-to-size too since they don't stretch as much as APCs. It's funny because I was looking at the PS too, I have to try them both on. What attracted me to the N&F was the longer inseam. It's also cool because some jeans you go with your true size and you like the fit whereas with other denim, you have to size down and stuff. Thanks a lot for the info though but I'll have to see which one I like.

clothing discount code said...

It is vital to provide people with up to date information and discuss all the hot topics. It is what gives us so much freedom and expression.