Monday, September 14, 2009

Text Books: Some to Get


-I was a little hesitant to buy the Sartorialist book. I've always saved my favorite pictures from the Sartorialist, so why do I need them in print form? But after looking through the book I realized why it was a great purchase; Schuman's stylistic insight, a rare treat on the blog, is more refined in the pages of the book. The type of non-judgmental, non-pretentious outlook he provides inspires readers do follow suit and look only for inspiration in the style of others, not what we can nitpick.
-Hardy Amies book is probably familiar to a lot of the people who read style blogs, but I included it for anyone who might not be aware of it. It's a great, cheap resource for the simple but important task of making sure you're correctly identifying a tartan check or Donegal tweed.
-Mr. Boston, speaks for itself.

No comments: