Monday, September 7, 2009

Peer Review: Fantastic Man x Interview

-Did anyone else read the interview with Gert Jonkers and Jop Van Bennekom of Fantastic Man magazine by Glenn O'Brien in the August issue of Interview? If you did not, I would encourage you to do so. Normally I wouldn't really post just inform people about an article I liked, but I thought that the pair had some really great insight into the nature of magazines and consequently, why blogs offer competition to magazines.

-From the article: "It doesn't talk to you as a consumer, but as a reader" "I don't think you should speak to the reader. I mean, you're a magazine because you speak to the reader, but you don't have to literally speak to the reader. If I say "You'll want a Dolce & Gabbana bag this season," maybe you say, "Well, actually the only thing I'm not looking for right now is a bag, so why do you say that to me?"

No comments: