Tuesday, March 17, 2009

School Supplies: Vintage Vest


-I'm posting again on another of my favorite items from my closet. This one will be a bit more brief than my Sperry post. I found this vest at Magpie, my favorite vintage/resale shop in Portland, a couple years ago. The label says Cal-Craft by California Manufacturing Co., but I don't know anything about how old it is or where it came from. What I do know is that it has kept me incredibly warm for the past few Northwest winters. It has a great flannel lining and big solid buttons. The best feature by far is the oversized, 70s-ish collar. A great, longlasting find for about $22. 
-Magpie can be found at 520 SW 9th Ave. in Portland, Ore. It's one of the few shops at which I've bought something probably every single time I've ever been in. One more unnecessarily Photoshopped image and a little bit of semi-cool news after the jump. -What was I going to say? Oh yeah, I've been inclined to show photos of things I'm wearing lately, I did a couple weeks ago with my windbreaker post, but I also feel like it's a slippery slope. Posting images of yourself of  public blog is only a few steps away from Myspace. What I have done though, is added a link to my Lookbook.nu page on the sidebar next to the youtube and flickr links. I know lookbook is kind of a juvinile, stock-hipster site. But I feel it's necessary to let our readers know WE PRACTICE WHAT WE PREACH, which is ballin, cost-conscious neo-prep style.  Check out my lookbook if you're at all interested in what I'm wearing and where stuff is from and how much it cost and whatnot. 
-Other news: Class Act blogger Maria is heading to Massachusetts to visit some friends at Smith for Spring break. She's taking my camera along to try to capture some solid east coast prep style. It's always been my opinion that east-coast style relies a bit more on money rather than actual creativity, so it will be interesting to see if she can bring back some Class Act approved looks. That's all. 

No comments: