Sunday, October 26, 2008

Required Reading: One Hundred and Forty Five Stories in a Small Box

- By now, we all know Dave Eggers, either for his participation in TED talks, 826 Valencia, McSweeney's or one of his acclaimed novels. But, being a huge fan of flash fiction myself, it wasn't until recently that he really cinched a spot in my list of favorite writers. I've had this box set for about a year now, and it is probably one of, if not the favorite in my collection. As far as his other books go, the little known collection of short stories, How We Are Hungry, takes top seat for me. One Hundred and Forty Five Stories in a Small Box features three small books written by Dave Eggers, Sarah Manguso and Deb Olin Unferth all contained in one beautifully decorated box. And while we're on the topic of Eggers' empire, Michael Cera fans ought to check out the new Wholphin.

No comments: