Thursday, October 2, 2008

PoliSci: Palin Drones


-Earlier today, Slate decided to take a crack at diagramming Sarah Palin's nearly unintelligible sentences. Dubya had his fair share of linguistic slip-ups, like "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream," but at least he could end a sentence when he had to. Our favorite Palinism:

“I know that John McCain will do that and I, as his vice president, families we are blessed with that vote of the American people and are elected to serve and are sworn in on January 20, that will be our top priority is to defend the American people.”

-Palin's run-ons reminded us of the above clip from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which might reveal the identity of Palin's head speechwriter:

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote for me. I lead power! Good. Thank you... thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. Taxes. They'll be lower. Son. The democratic vote for me is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."

No comments: