Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dress Code: Harris Tweed


-I took these photos because I was going to sell my Harris Tweed on our eBay. Because I thought I was going to crop out my head on the eBay photos, my face looks retarded. But what's more retarded is the fact that I was going to sell this jacket. I always think about wearing this jacket and I try it on and I feel like it's a bit too long and a bit big in the shoulders. The recent bit of blog love given to Harris actually made me think that there might be a good eBay market for Harris. But I looked at these photos and realized how great the jacket actually fits and how I've been underutilizing this jacket for years. I bought the jacket at Value Village in 2006 for $17 and I've probably worn it less than 20 times, but I'm declaring now that I will start to build some looks around it. I tried it on with my EG bowtie and it looked pretty dope. The rediscovery of my Harris has me questioning my earlier proclamation that I was going to buy this tweed, but y'know I might still.

1 comment:

L.A.S said...

The fit looks good and you're right to reconsider selling that lovely sport coat, although I probably would have bought it. Why bother with J. Crew when you've got the real thing...tell me this has working button holes and I can go to bed happy...