Saturday, April 18, 2009

School Supplies: Class Act Endorsements

-If you're not already acquainted with the wonders of Sriracha sauce, I suggest you make the effort to become so. I was unaware of Sriracha until this year, but there is a cult following among college students and gourmets alike. I was weary at first, I'm not that big on hot sauces, but I took a suggestion from one of my roommates, all of whom swear by the stuff, and put it on my rice. From that point on I started experimenting with other applications: In onion ring batter, bean dip, stir fry. The glory of Sriracha isn't just its intense heat (a few drops adds more than enough heat to any dish,) its in it's unassuming ability to amplify any thing you put it in. It doesn't overpower and it doesn't have an overly Thai flavor, it's just simple heat and flavor. Click the photo for a better view of the classic label. 

1 comment:

L.A.S said...

delicious...fell the fuck out of my pantry the other day and spilled all over the floor and on the wall...upside: wall now smells amazing...